JOIN THE GONG! TEAM
GONG! is defined by our insistence on providing an unparalleled user experience. All of our team members are charged with bringing creativity, honesty, and intellectual rigor to their responsibilities in a never-ending quest to delight our users. We’re a small, passionate team with high expectations of each other and work together to build things we are all proud of.
We are looking for a great software engineer who is ready to innovate and collaborate to make a dramatic impact on the content sharing landscape. This role involves direct implementation of our new product and immersion in bleeding-edge technologies at large scale. This is an excellent opportunity to work directly with experienced founders, build world-class technologies and develop your skills. This full-time position is in our Tel Aviv office reporting directly to the co-founder and CTO.
Build the mobile backend for our mobile apps. This includes:
- Building REST APIs for mobile apps and web sites
- Developing content search and data enrichment modules
- Developing robust business logic components
- Working closely with our server data team
- Working closely with our mobile developers on integrating our mobile apps with the mobile backend
- Passion for success and excellence
- Passion for solving hard problems in a fast-paced startup environment
- Great hands-on Java programming skills. You are proficient and have recent work experience with Java network programming and application servers.
- Experience building APIs and mobile backends using Java application servers and nosql data stores
- Experience with agile development, including continuous Integration, continuous deployment and coding for automated testing
- Scala, ElasticSearch and Cassandra development experience is a plus
- BSc or MA in Computer Science